[CQ-Contest] Additional Penalty

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Fri Apr 15 11:52:32 EDT 2016

> What needs to happen (if the contest sponsors are serious about accuracy) is to send LCRs prior to the results being posted and allow stations to cross check the LCR with the recordings. If the receiving station can prove that the data copied was indeed what was sent then no penalty to the receiver.  Then the penalty can be assessed against the sender.

What needs to happen... is for everybody to just chill.

Look, I'm not saying you won't lose Qs undeservedly, but the truth remains: everybody is under the same set of rules. Your competition is suffering the same fate, most likely working the same lid you did. The odds that picking out the last bit of pepper is going to alter the order of finish must be remote.

The efforts of the volunteers who support a contest run by a magazine currently engaged in a noble fight just to keep the lights on are superb. It's hard to imagine being able to muster those kinds of effort now, never mind if the workload to increase as some would demand.

It's a thankless task as it is, what with all the suggestions they're not doing enough. Imagine for a second what would happen if the folks behind these volunteer hours finally decided to say "Screw this!"

That some contesters apparently have unlimited travel and equipment budgets doesn't mean the sponsor does, too.

73
Kelly
ve4xt