[CQ-Contest] New hamvention location

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 3 14:05:27 EDT 2016

Don't know what the square footage of the Greene County Fairgrounds is but this is the information about Hara from their webpage:

Ball Arena - 27,000 sf
Conference Center 97,000 sf
East Hall - 32,000 sf
Hara Arena - 16,000 sf
North Hall - 24,000 sf
Silver Arena - 14,000 sf

Total inside exhibit space 210,000 square feet. I can't imagine the fairgrounds having this much indoor space. Maybe they might have to limit the indoor exhibit space to amateur radio only companies? I bet exhibitors will have to pay more due to limited space. The flea market would probably fit in that oval track area.

Also looked at the Greene County Fairgrounds webpage. For the county fair - parking outside the gates adjacent to the Fairgrounds is free. It doesn't really say if that's on the grass or paved. Reserved parking outside the Assembly Building on a paved lot and on a gravel lot outside the livestock buildings is $40 per week. These areas are located inside the gates.

Hopefully more information is coming in the near future addressing this and where the forums will be held.

Jeff

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Droid