[CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?

BobK8IA at aol.com BobK8IA at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 09:59:43 EDT 2016

Barry,

As you noted, call areas in several countries count as mults  for EU
stations in WAE contests. Here is what the Rules say,

"For  European stations every non-European DXCC entity counts as a
multiplier.
Exception: In the following countries up to ten numerical call areas count
as multipliers:
W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA, PY and RA8/RA9 and RAØ – without  respect to their
geographical location."

I assume, it is the last six words that prompted your query.

Here is central AZ,  probably a worse locale for EU qso's  than CO, I've
always opted to use one of the 7th area callsigns I have available  N7AT,
N7AP, others). Made much more sense than K8IA/7. Even worse in your case
W2UP/0. Ugh.

If you can, borrow a 0 callsign from friend or club.

GL in WAE.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest  Club

In  a message dated 8/8/2016 6:27:30 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,