[CQ-Contest] Should I sign portable zero in WAE next weekend?

V Sidarau vs_otw at rogers.com
Mon Aug 8 11:34:30 EDT 2016

Barry,

Concerning the LoTW part.
W2UP and W2UP/0 are different call-signs. If you go for W2UP/0, definitely
there will not be any LoTW match if you upload your QSOs as W2UP.
1. Provided, you are a LoTW user, you can get an extra LoTW certificate for
any additional call-sign (W2UP/0 in this particular case) you use from the
same DXCC entity. Preparing and processing a so-called signed certificate
request takes just a few minutes or hours, worst case.
2. You can merge W2UP and W2UP/0 logs in LoTW. As a result, since W2UP is a
main account holder, W2UP/0 QSOs will also count for W2UP scores. Therefore
your DXCC and other accounts will not suffer from using another call-sign.

73,

Vlad VE3IAE