[CQ-Contest] How to make WRTC more like the Olympics?

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 18:07:38 EDT 2016

The simple way to make the playing field level.. and eliminate ALL,.. and I mean absolutely ALL cheating.. very simple.. and almost done deal already.

Some hollar that the props are not level.. take them outta the equation.

Some hollar that the location is the issue.. take it outta the equation.

Some hollar that the equipment is the problem.. take it out.!

Now.. no equipment, location, or props to level.. so what is left?

The operator. Plain and simple..

Isn't that what we are testing?

Isn't that what we spend all this time and money to do? Prove who is better than the rest?

Ok.. done deal. a bit of work.. a bit of money.. and everyone has a level field. No Problem.

Yes, it can be done, and it isn't all that tuff either.

Will some whine about it? Absolutely!

Will some cry it isn't fair? oh sure..

Will some hollar that it will drive away new folks?? yep.. but I bet it won't.

AND there will be some that will cry aloud, endlessly, that it can't be done..

meanwhile.. it will be done.

Why?

Because this is the elite.. the best of the best.. and all can watch, listen, and see it all as it plays out.  The overall attraction to the youth... will be stunning.

Meanwhile.. the rest of us, can still play on the air.. with our radios.. doing the same contests we have always done.. or not.. some will fade.. some won't. But the whining, crying, complaining, and endless use of the delete key.. after EVERY contest.. will end, with one comment... take it to the virtual contest site! end of passionate complaining, whining, crying and comments concerning an uneven playing field.

Have a great day,
--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy