[CQ-Contest] A Buggles update - Morserunner killed the radio star

Kostas SV1DPI sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Fri Dec 2 05:14:14 EST 2016

The guys who make big scores use the following technique: they call CQ
in their speed, let's say 30wpm. When one station replies, they write
the call and press the PgUp button to increase the cw speed a lot (let's
say 50wpm). They give their reply in this hi-speed. After that they
reduce their speed to their standard (30wpm) and say TU. The new
stations answer the standard speed. This way they gain a lot of time and
they can achieve more qsos. I don't like this and I would like to see
this to change. I am sure that I had watched a video with a guy doing
this but I can not find it now.

...73 de Kostas SV1DPI
   (One of SZ1A-EP6T)