[CQ-Contest] CR3OO, ZF2MJ - "what" are they doing?

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:10:33 EST 2016

Actually, you are all wrong :)

Dueling CQ's has been the name of a feature common in contesting
software for many years. CQ's flip-flop between 2 radios. When there is
an answer on one radio, then the CQ is terminated on the other radio. No
attempt is made to have two simultaneous QSO's in progress at the same time.

It's unfortunate that the term "dueling CQ's" has been co-opted to mean
simultaneous QSO's.

At the risk of adding to the confusion, I would suggest this terminology:

- Alternating CQ's. The old "dueling CQ's" feature.
- Dueling contacts. Simultaneous QSO's, but never transmitting on two
frequencies at the same time.

73,
Steve, N2IC