[CQ-Contest] LED Dimmer

Mike Ritz w7vo at comcast.net
Fri Dec 2 14:26:38 EST 2016

I found myself with a new broadband S7 level noise that basically wiped out 40M-160M for me during the CW test last week. It sounds like a high frequency sizzle, and it was all across the bands.

I thought it might be related to my neighbor's new mercury vapor lamp he installed as "property protection", as the noise appears at night and is loudest on the sloper antenna that points that direction. But alas, I just turned on the radio on 40M this morning, his light is still on, and there is no noise....

Time to do more digging!

73;
Mike
W7VO