[CQ-Contest] Thing that drive me nuts

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Dec 5 12:42:41 EST 2016

On Mon,12/5/2016 7:30 AM, John Laney wrote:
> Adding "test" or "contest" after the call does tend to confuse the
> stations listening.

YES! I find it maddening when I'm trying to dump my call into his rhythm
and he adds TEST on top of it. My rule is that I want to give another
caller a shot at me as soon as possible after he discovers me, and my
call is advertising. TEST at the end of a CQ is an un-natural act, an
abomination! :)

I have three CQs on F-Keys. The automatic one is TEST K9YC. The "short
one" is CQ TEST K9YC. The long one, when I have to seriously beat the
bushes is CQ TEST K9YC K9YC. SS or NA replaces TEST in those contests. I
end running Qs with TU K9YC. I don't get a lot of pileups at home, but
on those rare occasions I might end with TU. :)

73, Jim K9YC