[CQ-Contest] What Thrills Me

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Tue Dec 6 06:01:34 EST 2016

Jukka - I like that, I have the same urge to answer CQ, mostly to find out "How far away are they?" That, after all, was the initial thrill of ham radio: talking to people way far away. Of course, in contesting you quickly learn you can get that thrill many more times per minute if you are the one calling CQ...

For me, one of the biggest attractions of the Stew Perry 160M (with Grid Square as the exchange and points based on distance) is seeing how far away stations are. The points per QSO matches the thrill per QSO.

73 John K3TN