[CQ-Contest] CW Contesting Efficiency Calculator
ash.kf5eyy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:50:11 EST 2016
I have uploaded the file to my website server.
Op. 3V8SS, 3V8BB
De : Marco HB9CAT [mailto:hb9cat at thezollingers.org]
Envoyé : vendredi 9 décembre 2016 11:25
À : 'Ashraf Chaabane'; 'cq-contest'
Objet : R: [CQ-Contest] CW Contesting Efficiency Calculator
sounds very interesting, wanna play with that.
I don't find the macro, shouldn't it be a .xlsm file instead of .xlsx ?
Da: CQ-Contest [mailto:cq-contest-bounces at contesting.com] Per conto di Ashraf Chaabane
Inviato: giovedì 8 dicembre 2016 14:10
A: cq-contest <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Oggetto: [CQ-Contest] CW Contesting Efficiency Calculator
I have developped a tool on VBA that enables CW Contesters to check their CW copying performance after the contest finishes.
You can download the excel file in the link below.
The file had 3 spreadsheets:
- "AllLog" is the contest log for all 20m QSOs (from Contest Cabrillo File).
- "20m" contains the extract of from log for the period of time where I want to examine performance.
- "Audio" contains the logged Callsigns by the CW Skimmer after I played back the contest audio recording for the same period of time (here limited to about 20 minutes operation just for trial).
When running the macro and clicking "Calculate", it will take each callsign from the "Skimmed log" and check in the "20m" spreadsheet if that call was copied by me or not during the contest. If yes, the callsign will trun green. If not, the macro will go and check if that station came back and call me on that band (returning station). If yes, the callsign will turn yellow. If not, it will turn red (The skimmer copied it but I didn't. The station didn't come back to me on that band).
The macro form will give numbers of:
- Total Callsigns Skimmed by CW Skimmer on that period.
- Callsigns that both Skimmer and I copied
- Percentage of callsigns both Skimmer and I copied against total stations that called me.
In summary, the macro will give idea on how many calls I copied during the contest versus all the station who called me on my frequency, I could hear them, but they left the frequency when they didn't get my answer in timely manner, etc.
The non-returned stations percentage will give idea on the missed points that could've been earned if I was more efficient copying callsigns.
You can change the spreadsheet content and calculate your performance. The macro will know number of lines, etc.
The tool is just very basic now. If someone is interested to develop it further, let's discuss.
Ash ~ 3V8SS/KF5EYY
: (+216) 22670026 <+216%2022%20670%20026>
CQ-Contest mailing list
CQ-Contest at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest