[CQ-Contest] Stew Perry TopBand Challenge 21 is about Here

Lew Sayre w7ew at arrl.net
Mon Dec 12 22:51:06 EST 2016

Greetings Radio Ruffians with a TopBand Bent,
     The anticipation is palpable as time draws near for the
start of the 21st Running of The Stew Perry TopBand DX
Challenge sponsored by the multitude of Amateurs who
make up The Boring Amateur Radio Club. The contest is Dec
17/18. That is this weekend coming up, for those of you
that need reminders like to remember an anniversary, put
gas in the vehicle or to breathe.
     The rules for this contest are different. Please navigate to
http://www.kkn.net/stew/      and see how they are different.
     Another unique aspect of The Stew is that The Boring
Amateur Radio Club does not specify categories to win
handsome plaques. You, the combatants do that. Yes,
anyone who thinks up a stellar category and remits $60 or
$63 to us will join the radio stalwarts listed below who are
stoking the fires of competition.

KL7RA       Top # of QSOs by a S/O
N0TT          Top Score, S/O, <21Y/O, > 200 QSOs
K7CA         Longest DX, S/O, Low Power from Zone 3
K7CA          Top Score S/O CQ Zone 19,24,25,27,28 or China
KH6LC       VK/ZL Challenge- Top S/O VK-ZL
AA6VB       Top Score Big City >50K, Little Pistol <100W
AA6VB       Top Score Base Loaded Vertical < 60' tall
N6TQ/A25TQ    California Dreaming- Top # of QSOs with Cal
    VK0EK         Stations by a non-California station
Rochester DX Assoc   Top Score,S/O, L-P, Outside N. America
UX1UA        Top # NA + SA QSOs by Zone 16 station
K7FL          Top Score 100% Search and Pounce
K9JWV/WC7S    Top QRP Score,West of Mississippi,wire antennas
Dr. Beldar-L1AR   Top Score,S/O, Temporary Antenna erected > Dec.3
          (All parts of temporary antenna including radials must be
 installed after Dec. 3, 2016. This antenna must be the only antenna
 for TopBand at the station and may be left erected because as we
  all know "temporary" means "until I die")
KR2Q            Golden Log Award
K2PO           Top Score, S/O, Low Power, Zone 3
N6TR          Top Score,S/O, Hi Power from CN Grid Field
W2GD Team  Top # QSOs, NA/SA by EU Station
K6ND          K6SE Memorial- Top Score, S/O, World
WA6CDR    N5IA Memorial- Top # of Grids Worked
WA8WZG   Top Score, S/O, by a 6 character call (Example- KA2BFD
or WD6XYZ)
W7RH       Top Score, Low Power Asia
K1EP        Top Score (>100QSOs) by YL or XYL
VE9AA      Yr Trees Ants?  If you have your TX wires in the trees or even
attached to 1 tree and your adjudicated score is closest one to
tree tree tree tree (3,333), then you win this plaque
VK6VZ       VK6HD Memorial- Top Score by N. hemisphere station working S.
hemisphere stations.
                  Winner gets a new, fresh Flying Doctors of VK baseball hat

     This list grows but will become even longer after you dream up a
contesting category. Just email me with the particulars so we may flesh it
out
as some prior plaque proposals were too obtuse, couldn't be performed
by any one of our species or just a tad obscene.
     There will be one or two more postings of the categories and sponsors
right up until and through the start of The Stew so don't delay! Also those
who
haven't sent off their check or PayPals for their plaque sponsorship yet

should not delay either.,
     Also follow Stalwart's VK6VZ's example and go fire up your system
tonight so you won't be modally morose when the only thing that happens
when you call CQ is that you open and close the neighbor's garage door
with a distinctive cadence.
     73 and I remain,
     Lew   w7ew
The Boring Amateur Radio Club Committee on Participation
w7ew at arrl.net