[CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Wed Dec 14 19:23:20 EST 2016

To take this one step further I would like to challenge the Organizers
to show us when the M2 class has actually been dominated by M2 entries.
I went back and found the following:

Jan 2016 SSB

130 M2 Entries

33 actual M2 participants

Participation of 25% M2

2016 Rtty Feb

74 M2 Entries

20 actual M2 participants

27 percent  M2

Aug 2015  SSB

75 M2 Entries

29 actual M2 participants

38 percent  M2

Aug 2015 CW

77 M2 Entries

13 actual M2 entries

16 percent  M2

We have been doing it wrong for 30 years.  No reason to change now and
recognize the MAJORITY in this class that are being forced into a
category they are not really participating in.

Shouldn't the argument made to either add SO A or dump M2 as M2 is not
representative of the vast majority who are classified into it for the
reasons unknown?

W0MU