[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2018 - Qualification is Over

Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW dl6mhw at wrtc2018.de
Thu Dec 15 11:43:33 EST 2016

Hi folks,

The CQWW CW was the last qualification contest for the WRTC 2018. With
the claimed scores published last week we did a pre-final compilation of
the qualification standings.

Despite the still missing results of the All Asia Contest the situation
in several regions is clear.

With a difference of more than 1000 qualification points between the
last qualification rank and the first follower we realize quite a stable
situation in AS#2, AS#5, EU#6, NA#2, NA#5, NA#6, NA#7, OC#1, OC#2 and SA#2.

Very close, with a difference of less than100 points, the situation in
AF, AS#1, AS#3, AS#4, AS#6, EU#2 and EU#5 has not yet been decided. This
is an indicator of the intensive fight until the last contests and the
hard competition in these regions.

We are ready to calculate the final results when all final contest
scores have been published, hoping that neither disqualifications nor
missing data will confuse the final publication.

In the last two years we have faced high level radiosport in all regions
of the world. Thank you for that. The qualification was accompanied by
several discussions of an optimal qualification process. Fixing regions,
contests and their weighting for a WRTC is quite sensitive. We have to
thank the organizers from Brazil, Russia and the USA for their support
in designing the qualification based on contest results. We also hope to
see the 9th WRTC with new ideas and improvements in the qualification
procedure.

Finally, please consider a donation for WRTC2018 to make this event
happen: just by using
         paypal spende at wrtc2018.de or
via the web-site:
     http://wrtc2018.de/index.php/en/sponsors/how-to-contribute