[CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Thu Dec 15 11:52:59 EST 2016

Reclassifying SO using packet to a completely different class make no
sense.  If you want to remove packet form NA QP I am all for it.

What is the reasoning behind allowing packet in M2?  If you want a
"clean" boys and their radios contest then dump the packet.

Dumping single ops that chose to run packet into another class when
those people dominate the entries is just wrong.

I am still waiting for a reasonable well thought out and reasoned answer
why SOA does not exist.  Because we did it for 30 years and this is what
we did live with it is a poor response.  Why are we disenfranchising the
majority of the people that are in the wrong M2 class?

SOA with unlimited band changes would be a huge rush and sounds like a
ton of fun to me to chase mults all over and having to decide if that is
more important than running.  To each their own.

M2 entries comprise around 1 to 2 percent of the entries and get their
own class.  People that comprise about 10 percent of the contest get
reclassified.

W0MU