[CQ-Contest] NAQP Revised Rules

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:03:50 EST 2016

The cluster has been around for a long time, so there is not a need to
"test what will happen".  Rather than mess with the NAQP, perhaps a new
contest could be set up.  Users must NOT use their VFO - can only click on
spots.  Only robot QSO's allowed.  And any other rules the folks who want
to run the contest want to put into the rules.  Then, publish on the web,
and see what happens.

If the rules look reasonable, and I am available, I may come out and play.
Or I may not.  Same as any entrant in any other contest.

And that is the bottom line.  Perhaps at some point, the folks who run the
NAQP will decide its dying, and "lets add packet to breath new life into
it".  From the sound of things, that day is not here yet, and folks are
happy to leave it the way it is.  Who knows - maybe in 20 years, a whole
new breed of contesters will enjoy the "retro" aspect of the NAQP, and opt
to keep it in its current format...  Or not.

If packet is the ONLY way folks know how to enter a contest, just look at
the contest calendar.  Lots of contests to choose from where packet IS
already allowed   Or - enjoy the NAQP as it currently exists, use the
cluster (if that is what is needed), and enter as an M2.  Seems simple
enough.

>From the look of this thread, folks seem happy with the NAQP in its current
format.

Tom - VE3CX