[CQ-Contest] RAC Contest and 160m QSO's

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Mon Dec 19 00:51:01 EST 2016

There’s no reason one Q can’t count for both if all the exchange info is given/received. Nothing in the rules says QSOs must be exclusive to one contest or another.

The Stew says you have to send grid, but doesn’t say you can’t send province (or name or weather report or whatever), and RAC says you have to send province but doesn’t say you can’t also send grid.

The Salmon Run at one point, maybe still, conflicts with the NA Sprint. I worked guys in both contests; the only stickler was there was nothing compelling the Salmon Runner to QSY after a CQ but that’s his problem not yours. He resolves it simply by not entering the Sprint. But I got my Sprint Q and he got his Salmon Run Q and we both left happy. (Note: Sprint rules say YOU must QSY after a CQ. They don’t say you can only work guys who also QSY after a CQ…)

Perhaps if you’re running at a high rate there’s a disincentive to cross the contest barrier, but there’s no rule forbidding it. There’s also no rule forbidding you from having two logs running at the same time, so you could enter both contests yourself, too.

73, kelly, ve4xt,