[CQ-Contest] Observations of a young ham

Marv Bloomquist n5aw at arrl.net
Mon Dec 19 14:12:16 EST 2016

While the comparison to online gaming is interesting I think a more
accurate comparison would be to athletics which is certainly attractive to
many young people. Long hours of practice lead up to a few hours of
competition. The rules of the game don't change much over time but the
competitor's techniques do. I don't think we can ever make radio sport as
we know it competitive with online gaming so what can we do to make it more
like athletic events?

Marv N5AW