[CQ-Contest] Observations of a Young Ham

Pierre Fogal pierre.fogal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:14:40 EST 2016

Hi Mike,

I do mostly SSB at this point.  Hopefully the CW will come back to
something usable.  I was off the air for 10 years after moving back to
Canada.  I was also a '0' out of Colorado.

I know I am one of many in the same boat.  I ain't complaining.  I do it
because I enjoy it and part of the cachet for me is to beat better equipped
operators on the occasional qso either by listening better or by getting
lucky. :-) I would never expect someone to assemble, or having done so make
use of, less than what they could just to even the field for me.

I've a few times lived in the pile-up from NA-008 and NA-043, so I have had
a taste of high-intensity, and great respect for those that do so
routinely.  If everyone had that experience, they'd be more orderly! If I
did get spotted I might have the occasional 30-40 per hour rate which would
make it all more fun.

73,
Pierre VE3KTB, KC0IGY, sometimes VY0ERC