[CQ-Contest] An Open Letter to the Radiosport Community

Matt Murphy matt at nq6n.com
Wed Dec 21 17:16:24 EST 2016

There are some *superb* ideas in this write-up, Ed.

I think it's worth considering on its own merits regardless of whether it's
deemed to fit into the WRTC mission.

Two other ideas that might be helpful would be to utilize either of the
following two mechanisms to increase fairness, etc.:

- Utilize a standardized location handicapping system based on the
performance of a standardized WSPR beacon at a each location, based on
readings taken for 30 days prior to the start of the contest.  I know this
topic is a can of worms, but may be worth considering due to the widespread
success of WSPR and simplicity of setting up standardized beacons.

- Utilize ex-post refereeing through the use of broadband SDR recordings.

73,
Matt NQ6N