[CQ-Contest] Stew Perry Logs

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Dec 24 17:21:17 EST 2016

On Sat,12/24/2016 10:51 AM, Tree wrote:
> We are close to a record number of log submissions already

The JT9 and JT65 windows have been jumping this winter. I've been
monitoring for about a month, in hopes of working SC and VT to complete
QRP WAS on 160. I was successful a few weeks ago in completing a QSO
with WV. From my QTH 5 miles from the Pacific, 70 miles S of San
Francisco, I've decoded 530 different stations, and they were working
another 30-40 stations I could not decode. On any given night, it's
common to decode at least 50 different stations. At least a third of the
stations are east of the Mississippi River. Four were from EU, two from
VK (including VK6, 8,000 miles mostly over water) and a few SA. Nearly
all states and most Canadian provinces have been represented; the only
US states not decoded are HI and VT.

The comparison with CW activity is stark -- my P3 display rarely shows
more than one or two signals on the band at any one time, and when I
tune to them, it's often an unanswered CQ.

73, Jim K9YC