[CQ-Contest] RAEM-Contest e-mail-address problems

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 28 13:53:34 EST 2016

Given the very nice scoring system, I tried to work this contest, but
with very little success. Conditions were absolutely lousy in Northern
California during the contest period, and many of the active Russian
stations were alligators -- that is, they transmitted far more than they
received. I was running 1.5 kW into decent antennas, but many repeats
were needed with stations that were very comfortable copy here. Makes
one wonder how much power they were running. :) Russia (and EU) is all
over the pole for me; UA0 is a lot better from here, and all but two of
the Russian stations I worked were UA0. Conditions were so bad that I
didn't get past #11 in the log, even returning to the shack several
times through the contest period. I finally gave up around 07Z.  I did
manage to work the RAEM station though.

73, Jim K9YC