[CQ-Contest] 7QP rule changes for 2017

Dick Frey k4xu at bendcable.com
Fri Dec 30 01:43:55 EST 2016

category.   As a result, the Multi-op Single Transmitter category is
being trimmed to two classes: just low or high power.

In the County Expedition category, we are adding an "Open" class.   This
is in response to a big multi-county effort made last year by a group
from the Northern California Contest Club.   They operated multi-multi
from several different county lines, one spot in a single county, and
ran as a mobile while driving between them.   Not wanting to hamper this
kind of enthusiasm, we have created a category we call Open, or as one
might put it, "none of the above".

In concert with the Assisted category, we are enabling any mobile
station to beacon its location using APRS.   Only your call and location
may be sent, not your frequency.   This should improve the way many
fixed stations chase the mobiles.

We are going to keep the ten-day log filing deadline.   Since 90% of all
participants are using electronic logging, submitting your log is a
matter of a few mouse clicks: export the Cabrillo formatted log file,
attach it to an email, and send it off to the sponsors of all four QSO
parties that happen on our weekend.   This shorter deadline allows us to
process and score all the logs, determine the category and
state/province/county winners, and send out the certificates -- all
before the first of June.

--
Dick K4XU
7QP manager