[CQ-Contest] Your Call?

Scott Ellington k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Feb 22 22:39:36 EST 2016

One very well-known contester from Portugal once gave me a lengthy CW
lecture when I asked for his cal, then refused to work me.

I accidentally hit upon an effective strategy last weekend:  If a
station doesn't ID, when he comes back, send what you "think" may be his
call, anything plausible, really.  If he doesn't correct you, at least
you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that many others listening will
log the wrong call.  (Don't log it yourself, of course.)  If it results
in enough penalties, maybe we'll hear more frequent ID's as well as less
blind logging of spotted calls.

73,

Scott  K9MA

--