[CQ-Contest] Open Letter to VE Contesters

Jorge Diez - CX6VM cx6vm.jorge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:22:26 EST 2016

Hello Ed

well, seems very complicate. Each country/region have it´s regulation and
band/modes specifications.

I always wish to be allowed to do CW in 7050-7100 and see how my neighboard
did.

On this way I can ask PY and LU to not operate CW on 7050-7100. But I think
this is my problem and I must ask CX authorities to allow me to do CW in
7050-7100

73,
Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W

> With the upcoming ARRL SSB contest, why not see if you can actually beat us
> this year by voluntarily abiding by the US Phone Sub bands.  Its really
> kind
> of silly to think you have won something (other than the other similarly
> minded VEs) to sit on 21195 or 14145 and 7120 and CQ all day undisturbed
> while the rest of us fight it out above you.  Don't you think?
>

> I personally think that this should become a rule change for this contest.
> But getting the ARRL to change the rule is not going to be easy.  And a
> survey is kind of a joke since I would expect that virtually every US
> responder would agree and last I checked, the ratio of US to VE is about
> 10:1.
>

> Nothing being done wrong by continuing practice.the rules do not speak on
> this issue.  But it would feel so much better to win and know you did it
> this way.
>

> 73
>

> Ed  N1UR

Jorge