[CQ-Contest] Working Split In A Contest Is Verboten!

Joe nss at mwt.net
Tue Feb 23 09:06:58 EST 2016

I find it interesting, reading all these E-Mails, where I agree as it
seems 90% say never during a contest.
What I can not believe is the 10% that say it is OK, but then in the
very next message they complain about Key Clicks.
Key Clicks are horrible, yet it's just fine to take up twice as much
band-with for ONE station by running split?
Running Narrow by NOT running split is very easy to do.
Running Narrow by NOT having Key Clicks, not so much.
I honestly If i had bad Key Clicks I right now honestly do not know what
I would do to lessen them. Honestly.
I grew up with old boatanchors, that some had clicks and some diddn't.
many had HIGH voltages at the contacts of that straight key. You would
see sparks when youre transmitting. If you had bad clicks you added some
R & C across the contacs, and it helps and even removed them all sometimes.
Now on this old TS-430S if it had bad clicks, not a clue what to do
about it.

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock