[CQ-Contest] May you work yourself at a remote?

Tom Haavisto kamham69 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:03:40 EST 2016

Hi Art

Lets step back a bit, and see what is *technically possible - today*.

A person could operate from all 40 zones in the CQWW - in one sitting, by
connecting to 40 different stations and operating remote.

Six ops - sitting in one room - could operate from six different continents
- at the same time.  I think we can all see a bunch of red flags with this,
but it is *technically* possible.

A person could drive to a MM, and operate part of the contest.  Drive home,
and operate from home, using his own call.

The one way to address this would be: a person can only operate with one
call/contribute to one station for the duration of the contest.

This way, if you are operating remote - you are committed to that operation
- for the duration of the contest.  New contest comes along - you are free
to "move" to a different location.

The downside is - drive to a MM, operate a few hours - you can't go home
and operate...

Just my two cents worth...

Tom - VE3CX