[CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Key Clicks in ARRL DX CW

Barry N1EU n1eu.barry at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 04:56:25 EST 2016

The K3 rise time isn't 2.5msec.  Here's what N6KR said on the subject to
the Field tester group in May 2010.  This comment was partly in response to
whether rise time would be shortened for the new K3 QRQ mode.

"Rise and fall times are fixed at about 4-5 ms. There is widespread general
agreement that this is optimum, and at present I have no plans to allow
changing it. Some ops want faster rise time to *cause* clicks (so they can
hold a frequency), but I won't be doing that. We're taking the high road on
this, just like we do on not applying fast ALC post-crystal filter."

73, Barry N1EU