[CQ-Contest] VE vs W/K (or PEI vs the rest of the world)

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Feb 25 12:39:39 EST 2016

On Thu,2/25/2016 3:49 AM, kr2q at optimum.net wrote:
> And let's not forget K3LR (effectively in Ohio) who is putting together a huge string of M/M wins..

K3LR is 2,000 miles closer to EU and AF than CA, WA, and OR, but about
500 miles farther than W1/3. The fact that you consider that proof that
distance doesn't matter shows that you don't understand the problem!
Yes, K3LR (who is on the PA/OH border) is at a disadvantage. I lived in
Chicago and was a member of SMC, whose newsletter is called "The Black
Hole," in acknowledgement of this difference in propagation.

73, Jim K9YC