[CQ-Contest] Ohio is now West Coast - rebuttal

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Feb 26 12:01:07 EST 2016

On Fri,2/26/2016 3:22 AM, kr2q at optimum.net wrote:
> Beside the "very old" wins by W7RM and N5AU (M/M),
> Please check out N2IC/5 for "current" data.
>
> CQWW SSB USA win in 2013
> SOABHP  7,529,827 points  4,338 Qs  160Z and 472 C.

N2IC is also a poor example. New Mexico is NOT the "west coast."
Although a superb operator, Steve is >1,000 miles from San Francisco,
750 miles from LAX. Thanks to his location, his shot to EU goes through
much less of the Auroral zone than do West Coast stations. And Steve's
station is on a mountain top. I've operated portable from mountaintops,
and there is a quite significant advantage.

73, Jim K9YC