[CQ-Contest] NAQP power - read the rules

Stephen Bloom sbloom at acsalaska.net
Mon Jan 11 23:42:25 EST 2016

This seems like much ado about not much ..everyone in the contesting
community knows that this is a LP contest.  Like any contest, there will be
some who just hand out some Qs.  I'd rather they stick to the power limit
.. for the reasons stated earlier .. more than anything ..not wiping out the
guys who are running 100W, but really ..who is actually going to make a real
effort in a contest where they are a check log?  Not enough to worry about.
FWIW .. I had a fair number of Qs in this one with guys who have never been
in one of my contest logs before ..including one /AG sending on a straight
key (which I assume means he wasn't using a code reader), so looks like NAQP
works quite nicely for some who are intimidated by the KW Alley guys.  I'm
not sure why W5WMU wanted to test his new array with HP in a LP contest ..
but I wouldn't expect a lot of copycats.

73
Steve KL7SB