[CQ-Contest] Absurd Rule in NAQP

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Sun Jan 17 13:49:09 EST 2016

My $0.02 -- as much as I love drinking from the RBN firehose, and as much as I hate it when assistance subjects a competitor to band-change restrictions, I think that relaxing either would change the essential character of the NAQP competition.

That doesn't mean you can't participate while operating assisted (just as you could participate at high power); just accept that you'll be turning in a checklog if you do so.

I think for the majority of us who play to have fun (as opposed to playing to "win"), there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.  :)

Now, if things were to evolve such that a sizeable number of logs were being submitted as checklogs or were simply not being submitted, then at that time it would be worth considering a change.

Michael Adams | N1EN | mda at n1en.org