[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX no SB low power

robert wa1fcn at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 08:52:50 EST 2016

GM All

         So once again ARRL Dx season is near and as always still no low
power
         category for single band fans..... Now that my senior years
have arrived
         it gets harder and harder to do all day and night to come up
with a
         competitive score.   So the past several years I do mostly
single band
         efforts. This puts me at a disadvantage in ARRL Dx in single
band category.
         Yes I know I have the choice one way or another and if I do not
like it I
         can skip this contest.  On the other hand is it really too much
work on
         ARRLs part to acknowledge low power SB  ( I am life long low
power person )
         efforts.  I have posted this a couple times in previous years
and received
         a couple private E-mails on this subject, so I know there are
others waiting
         for the day ARRL makes an added category for us. In the mean
time good
         luck to all, and yes I will still be part of  this event.

         73 BoB WA1FCN