[CQ-Contest] CQWW Madness

Richard F DiDonna NN3W richnn3w at verizon.net
Sat Jul 23 15:53:08 EDT 2016

There was an analysis done a few years back where somebody went through
and entered in maidenhead grids for most all competitors (using CQWW
logs) and a log masher.  Turns out most everyone who won in that
particular won if distance was factored in - some of the positions were
rearranged however.  I believe the sole exception was that NH2T made it
toward the top of the box.

If you really, really want to placate some in certain areas, then give
one point for intra country QSOs provided the QSO is with a station in a
different CQ zone.  BY9s working BY4s get one point. VK6s working VK3s
get one point.  VE1s working VE7s get one point.  Etc.

73 Rich NN3W