[CQ-Contest] CQWW Committee Restructured

Christian Schneider prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Sat Jul 23 18:17:01 EDT 2016

K9JWV wrote:
> (...) Here is an example of antenna discriminator I introduced to QR ARCI contests:
>
> Antennas:
> Entry may be A1 or A2
>
> A1: Single Element Antenna
>
> A2: Multiple Element Antenna or rotatable antenna
>
> (...)
> Some food for thought.....71.5/72 de Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV
In the survey of WAG 2015 we asked about a potential category "LP mixed,
no rotable antenna and no part of the antenna(s) being higher up than 12m".
The "yes"-percentages represented about the percentages of respondents
using such a setup: More than one third in the German speaking group,
below 30 percent in the English speaking group, but comparatively less
interest in the Russian speaking group.
http://www.darc.de/der-club/referate/dx/contest/wag/en/newsarchives/survey-2015/

Regarding the revolving issue of activity for the sake of activity
versus competetive minded activity there was (only?) a fifth of the
participants mentioning a competetive motivation but also more than 25
percent saying they would like to operate more seriously as a competitor
but had no fitting goal.  IMHO we have to fight for that group (as long
as we call it contest instead of activity weekend) - without being able
to promise that rules would overcome geografic handicaps. A lot of small
steps may be helpful like promoting livescores, contests-in-the-contest,
even more reporting, prize incentives below the usual plaque schemes
(mostly ending on the same walls). Disadvantage: They need much more
time than a change of rules :-(

73 Chris DL8MBS