[CQ-Contest] FCC Notice of Proposed Rulemaking On Digital Mode Bandwidth

Bob Poortinga ng9m at arrl.net
Fri Jul 29 15:40:45 EDT 2016

Jim, I think you are overstating the impact. The only change in this NPR is
removal of the symbol rate limit of 300 baud for HF (which doesn't seem to
be enforced anyway). There are no band plan changes proposed.

 "In summary, we believe that the public interest may be served by revising
the amateur service rules to eliminate the current baud rate limitations
for data emissions consistent with ARRL’s Petition to allow amateur service
licensees to use modern digital emissions, thereby furthering the purposes
of the amateur service and enhancing the usefulness of the service."

73 de Bob NG9M