[CQ-Contest] "You can't have a Dayton Hamvention in Las

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 31 09:55:14 EDT 2016

Dayton is really 2 things happening at the same time in my opinion.  There
is some overlap but how much is there actually?

It's a convention in the normal sense.  There are paid booths and paid
attendance and interesting forums and great socializing after hours.

And it's a massive flea market.

Why not keep the flea market and have the convention in a new place that is
more central with better facilities?

Most people that I know that are contesters (this is a contester forum
right?), fly there.  Even from W1.  Most people I know that drive there and
camp out at the flea for 3 days are not contesters and don't pay to go into
the inside space.

Ed  N1UR