[CQ-Contest] How much is a dB worth ?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 09:41:50 EST 2016

Certainly, Tom! My antenna is a 130-foot doublet, up 75 feet between trees,
fed by tuners and ladder line.

On 160M the antenna is fed by tying the ladder line together at ground
level and feeding it against ground as a "Marconi T". Essentially the
ladder line becomes a vertical element and the 130-foot top becomes a
tophat.

Some pictures of ladder line relay switching and tuners here:
http://www.trailing-edge.com/tuners.html

I have a couple 160M receive antennas too (a K9AY for NE/SW, and a
west-facing pennant.)

Tim N3QE