[CQ-Contest] SSB Voice Keying

Katsuhiro Kondou kondou at voyackey.net
Wed Mar 2 10:35:01 EST 2016

In article <A9AD9D23-4C07-4528-B248-FE5503D492E5 at sm0mdg.com>,
	Björn SM0MDG <bjorn at sm0mdg.com> wrote,
	on "Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:00:46 +0100";

> I’d like to hear what other solutions are out there. I am looking for something that lets me run a complete SSB contest without saying a word into the microphone. I want it to sound as natural as possible and it should handle sequential number exchanges or anything else contest promotors can throw at us as an exchange. It should be possible to use it with N1MM and/or Wintest. Software solution is preferred but I won’t rule out hardware if not software can provide this.

I have a plan to use an audio shield (velleman KA02) using ISD1700 for Arduino.
Builtin switches on the shield will not be used, and it will be controlled via
USB serial so that logging software can handle.  I don't mean to say it kicks
out typical messages only, but it also kicks each number and character like
what is done by Winkey.  I'm not sure it speaks fluently as expected.

Ultimately, commercial product should be much better at the moment.

http://www.ai-j.jp/

Sample voice in English page doesn't work.  If you can read Japanese, try to
put familiar contest phrases in the box(AITalk(R)WebAPI) after specifying
US-英語男性 at 外国語 tab.  This engine looks speaking fluently both English
and Japanese.  And it's also possible to use your own voice as source sound.
It may not be so easy to incorporate this into logging software, though.
--
Katsuhiro 'Don' Kondou, JH5GHM