[CQ-Contest] Q: Wireless Keyboard w/Full-size Function Keys Questions

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:14:19 EDT 2016

Thanks for all the response. It appears I'm not the only one who's gone
through this exercise. A wireless keyboard with function the same size
as the QWERTY keys appears to be a real
rarity. Similarly, one that as the feel of a standard-issue wired keyboard.

I found three, two of which I'll try.

1 - SMK-Link Electronics Gyration Classic Full-Size Wireless Keyboard
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Gyration-Classic-Full-Size-Wireless-Keyboard/8393751/product.html
If you can find a new one, they are expensive. I believe they may have
been discontinued. I found a used one and will try it.

2 - Kensington Pro Fit Wireless Combo Mouse and Keyboard Desktop Set
(K72324US)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SD9IOVM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
Depending on the angle of the photo, this one looks like a conventional
keyboard. I've ordered this one, too.

3 - Kensington Pro Fit 72408 Keyboard & Mouse
<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SD9IOVM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00>
Affordable, but has a funky set of buttons above the keyboard that might
cause trouble and certainly take up space. If one could remove that part
of the keyboard or disable those buttons, it just may work. I won't try
this until I am done with the others.
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Kensington-Pro-Fit-72408-Keyboard-Mouse/6474487/product.html?recset=6618e150-1096-4147-a219-5f92251cc830&refccid=66PNCRNDVUOIDZ2P7FCVCCGNAY&recalg=828,512&recidx=0

And now a question for you wi-fi savvy folks.

The Gyration does not come with a mouse. I have a wireless mouse
already. How can I pair -- or, for that matter, can I pair it with the
Gyration?

I'll keep you posted...

73,
Eric W3DQ