[CQ-Contest] Dupes in FAQ's

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:11:33 EDT 2016

Everyone was on one end or the other of the "you're a dupe"/"no I'm not"/"I
can't put you in the log again or I'll be penalized"/"no you won't be
penalized"/"look I worked you at xxxx" conversation this past weekend. It
hurts rate to have the conversation never mind the effort of spotting the
busted call several thousand QSO's ago in a big log - a job that I'm glad
is the logcheckers, and not mine!

I love the way the CQ WW FAQ talks about dupes. I strongly recommend that
this wording be plagiarized for every contest:

Q: Should I work and log duplicates? How are they counted by the log
checking?

A: Yes! Please log all contacts that you make even if they are duplicates.

Tim N3QE