[CQ-Contest] Leading Zeros etc.- I hate'm !

Art Boyars artboyars at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:09:49 EDT 2016

Mike --

I am a small signal and frequently a late starter -- giving out NR 1 when
active op's' are giving NR in hundreds and thousands.  Especially on phone,
I often get asked "Number zero two six??"  So sometimes -- depending on how
well I think the other guy is copying me -- I will put in the leading zero,
or do something else to emphasize that, yes, I really did say "twoooo
siiiix".

(But when copy is good, you are right -- it's a waste of a couple of
seconds AND it throws off your rhythm.)

73, Art K3KU