[CQ-Contest] Great book

James Cain jamesdavidcain at gmail.com
Tue May 10 10:23:46 EDT 2016

After every World Radiosport Team Championship (WRTC) do you find yourself thinking "Gee, the WRTC is the greatest event in ham radio and I sure wish somebody would write a book about it?"

Well, somebody did. Jim George, N3BB, has just published "Contact Sport," all about WRTC 2014. Jim was there and does a bang-up job of writing for hams, contesters, and even the unwashed public (the book is mercifully free of ham jargon). I bought it for $9.99 and read it on my Kindle. You can order it on Amazon.

For contesters, the book recounts the suspense in the WRTC competition for the bronze medal in can't-put-it-down fashion. I read it way past my naptime.

I have no pecuniary interest in this; I have never even met N3BB.

Jim Cain, K1TN