[CQ-Contest] Field Day

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:02:02 EDT 2016

> Well, somehow over the years, this rule was removed so today the Octopus is
> once again legit!

Read Section 4 of the 2016 FD rules more carefully:

The use of switching systems that allow for lock-
outs in order to use multiple transmitters (i.e., an “octopus”) in an
attempt to enter a lower-number-of-transmitters
class are prohibited (i.e. using 2 transmitters that can transmit
simultaneously, with two operators, and a lock-out
system and entering class 1A). The use of simulcasting devices which
allow a single operator to key and transmit on
more than one transmitter at a time, is prohibited.

73,
Steve, N2IC