[CQ-Contest] General to Extra... Contesting advantages?

Mike Ritz w7vo at comcast.net
Sun May 22 11:19:28 EDT 2016

In a big DX contest, like the CQWW or ARRL DX it's the world. With a domestic contest (US only working US), not so much, as most stations try to stay in the General portions of the bands to enlarge the potential contact pool. Remember one of the axioms of contesting; There are 4 types of contesters, ranging from "Serious", to "Just happened by". The difference between first and second or third place is based how many of the "just happened by" guys one can work in the test. If the larger, serious "big buck" stations only worked each other their scores would all be the same!

Congratulations!

73;
Mike
W7VO