[CQ-Contest] Working Cuba from FL

Jeff Clarke ku8ejeff at mediacombb.net
Wed Nov 2 15:10:18 EDT 2016

We have that same problem in GA but probably not as bad as FL. We can
usually work CO, VP5, ZF and C6A on 40 meters. 20 meters and up can
sometimes be a problem. On 160 and 80 most of the Caribbean is pretty
loud. Even louder than most of the US outside of the southeast. I have
worked CO stations before in a 160 contest a couple hours after our
sunrise. Just about every year I work stations in ZF at the beginning of
a 160 contest that are 20 over S9 but they can't get the attention of
anyone north of me.

Jeff

---