[CQ-Contest] When it's over, it's over (again)

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Fri Nov 11 14:31:30 EST 2016

Mike is right: trying to force this on an existing contest's core participants is a bad idea, but you may not need to create an entirely new contest.

Just as WRTC is a contest overlaid on the IARU, it would be possible to allow real-time advocates to do their own contest during WW. If they maintain WW's exchange, it's something that would be invisible to other participants.

I still say there should be some deliberate latency in reporting scores: do we really want participants to know they just messed up their last Q, or do we wish to continue with the idea of getting right using only the airwaves?

Latency means you can still judge your progress against others, but can't draw a direct line between your score and a busted Q. If you see 20 QSOs later you only got credit for 19, you don't know which of those 20 Qs you busted. How much latency to build in would have to be determined.

73, kelly, ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone