[CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Tue Nov 29 16:54:38 EST 2016

On 11/29/2016 07:28, Bill via CQ-Contest wrote:
> Calling DX stations dead zero beat on their QRG in a pileup is a no no, yet it continues to happen.  Please call up or down a few hundred HZ so everyone can hear the DX station respond!
I think a few hundred Hz is too much, unless the band is very
uncrowded.  When the band is busy, somebody is running every 300-400 Hz,
so if you call that far off, you're right on top of the next station.
50-100 Hz either way is usually enough to distinguish the beat note,
without causing too much QRM.

73,

Scott  K9MA

--