[CQ-Contest] Dead zero beat pile ups

Barry w2up at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 17:14:53 EST 2016

Here's a little secret from the old days:
When ZL1AMO operated from some of the rarer spots and generated massive
pileups, he'd often listen DOWN 1, after sending UP.  I worked him in
several placess with 100W and a dipole, with just a few calls.
Something like that would no longer stay quiet, with panadapters and DX
Clusters.

Barry W2UP