[CQ-Contest] New Contesting Classification

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:38:02 EDT 2016

I have been trying to say that these "irrefutable facts" are indeed
refutable. I know of quite a few instances where a station was controlled
remotely by other means than internet. Some of them are, have been, or
could be by microwave link, laser link, VHF/UHF radio link, landline
telephone, direct wiring, and even in one case in my distant past by
greatly modified CB walkie-talkies. That was a fun project. We couldn't
change frequency of the station but we could talk over the HF station from
a couple blocks away with the walkie-talkies. Internet wasn't even a dream
in someone's head at that time.

And I'll bet that if you worked someone using a remote station, you'd never
even know it unless you were told. So maybe we should all just keep it a
secret from here on out.

73, Zack W9SZ